Friday, May 28, 2010

Idler Wheel thought

So - the Idler Wheel - I was reading the instructions on makerbot's wiki, and one of their suggestions is a double wide idler wheel. I didn't really want to deviate from the standard way of making the extruder - so ... I thought - hey, when I'm all done - maybe I'll PRINT myself up a better idler wheel, with a nice concave surface to prevent the potential filament popping off sideways. which is the reason some folks do the double wide.

just a thought - I don't have a printer yet, so it's all just thoughts and dreams.

EDIT (As of today, Jun 9th, I have decided/agreed that Charle's Pax's Paxtruder, at least the element that puts pressure on the pinch wheel, is TOTALLY superior to the idler wheel - which NEVER worked for me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments/feedback/thoughts :D